Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Swimmers


Swimmers 1

I have to brag about my kids and my niece. I am so proud of them. They are facing their fears of cold water, competition, spotlight, and judges. As for my kids, I had to force them to join and I force them to complete one season so that they know what the experience is before they reject it. They are developing the great discipline of rising early and swimming laps in cold water. They are gaining confidence and camaraderie as part of a team that just won their first meet. They may never do this again, but they will know that they have the capacity to achieve. As for me, I am developing the discipline of rising early and ushering them off to practice. I have to work on my attitude in that area. I have become a bag lady. I have a purse, a towel bag, a snack bag, a miscellaneous bag and I bring extra bags for the wet stuff. It's all good. I am just so proud of them! Go Team! Go Team! By the way, click on the title of the painting...beautiful paintings!

No comments:

Make a Peace Pledge!