Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The most wonderful boy


I had a sad mommy morning. Last week was a blur of activities, what with soccer, and brownies, etc. On Thursday afternoon, I checked Ethan's folder, scanned his homework assignment and announced that he did not have homework. The next day, my husband picked him up from school and Ethan told him that he had a bad day. Apparently, the entire class had a "dog show." They were allowed to bring in their favorite stuffed animal dog, name it and make a tag for it. Ethan did not have a dog for the show. Rather, he had a note stapled to his folder that said "homework not completed on 10/4." I did not discover the note until I dropped him off this morning because when his dad picked him up at school on Friday, he forgot his bookbag at the school (I have to find some way to blame my dear husband). In addition to not being able to have a dog in the show, it appears that Ethan was put in "stop and think" one too many times for the day and he ended up with a "yellow" day. And now I think back to friday and I wonder what he thought of his mommy when everyone else had their FAVORITE stuffed dog at school and got to parade it and all he got was a note from the teacher that he DID NOT DO HIS HOMEWORK! I don't know what I read that blurry Thursday afternoon on his homework assignment! All I know is I left him at school this morning, walked with Rose to the car and cried! I was flooded with guilt and wondering if his teacher was compassionate. Did she lecture him? My poor baby! Exhale...I suppose he will survive this. I just hope his teacher knows that he is the most wonderful boy in the whole wide world! I am being silly, but if I feel this way about such a little event in the life of my son, what must the Blessed Mother have felt on that Friday when she watched her Son on the cross. And how she must weep when people do not love her Son the way that she does. Funny how this little moment gives such insight. Ethan and I will survive this little bump and we will both forget about it next time he pinches his sister or throws the soccer ball in the house! In addition to being the most wonderful boy in the world, he can be quite the boy...you mom's know what I mean!

3 comments:

Mema said...

How could the teacher not realize that she is blessed to have as her student 'the most wonderful boy' in the world! She should have known that he would have LOVED to share his stuffed animal! And besides ... who gives 'homework' to Kindergarten students?! Time to have a share your pet birthday party ... and 'the most wonderful boy' in the world gets to decide which pet is the best one! :)

Saint Maker said...

{{{{{{{{ Ethan }}}}}}}} or rather {{{{{{{Shiela }}}}}}} ... I wish I could say it gets easier.

Saint Maker said...

{{{{{{ HUGS }}}}}} ... I wish I could say it gets easier, but rather I think our shoulders get bigger. Don't beat yourself up, I've done stuff like that before. Sometimes life just gets hectic.
A little tidbit... perhaps use this as a life lesson and you will not find yourself with a teen boy forgetting his bookbag, homework, french horn, {sigh} ... you get the idea
Peace
Judy

Make a Peace Pledge!